WHEN: Thursday, January 16, 2020 from 3:30 p.m.—7:30 p.m. AND
Friday, January 17, 2020 from 8 a.m.—11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Mid-Carolina High School
- Students will attend school all day on the 16th.
- The 17th is a student holiday (NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS.)
- Report cards for the second nine weeks were issued on Friday, Jan. 10.
WORKSHOPS WILL BE OFFERED!
"THE COLLEGE PLAN" WORKSHOP
Thursday, January 16, 2020, 5:30 p.m.
can find education costs manageable and the college experience rewarding with the help of this
program. An Education Specialist provides a
“College Planned Path” for students, parents, and
THE COLLEGE PLAN CAN BE YOUR SOLUTION ....
- if you are not sure what college to select.
- if you don't know the FAFSA do's and don'ts
- if you don't understand the importance of the EFC.
- if you have not examined the 156 strategies to increase aid.
- if you don't understand FELP.
PTC DUAL ENROLLMENT
& NEW MIDDLE COLLEGE INITIATIVE
Thursday, January, 16, 2020, 6:15 p.m.
MCHS Media Center Lab
Who: 10th grade students who are interested in
the Middle College initiative and 11th grade students wanting to take Dual Enrollment courses.
What: This session will discuss the process and
procedures for applying to Middle College or
taking dual enrollment courses with Piedmont
This program, designed for rising juniors, is an
opportunity to earn a degree from Piedmont
Technical College in 2 years thereby graduating
high school with a SC diploma from MCHS and
associate degree in general education from PTC.
- This 60 Credit hour program from PTC starts Summer 2020.
- Eligible students must meet PTC admissions requirements, meet (ACT/SAT /Accuplacer)
- A scaled down version of this program will be available for risings Seniors (Universities Studies Certificate 30 hours)